Monday, March 28, 2011

Curriculum Video Reflection

My video is about teaching the Hidden Curriculum to students with disabilities. The Hidden Curriculum is rules that we all know but were never taught–and how a lack of these skills impacts individuals with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). For example, most students know it’s not a good idea to tell an off-color joke in front of a teacher, even if other students think it is funny. Individuals who have ASD do not come equipped with the same ability to understand the hidden curriculum. As a result, they break a lot of social and behavioral rules without intent or even knowledge that they are doing so. It is important to teach the hidden curriculum to students with ASD because it can enhance social acceptance and self-esteem, and reduce student stress levels.

The photos that I edited with Picnik were photo number 2 (boy with his face in his hands), and the last 2 photos of the video (happy/sad faces and party picture). In photo number 2 I cropped the picture of the boy so it would fit in the movie. In the last two photos I used to text tool in Picnik to add words to the photos.

I had a great time making this movie. I really enjoy using Picnik and I plan on using it for pictures in the future, both for my classroom photos and personal photos. The video is something that I will definitely use in my class and I think that my students will really enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see your link or embedded video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind I found it just had to go to older posts. My blog does the samething.

    ReplyDelete